Saturday, February 7, 2015

Auntie, the photographer.

So as a lot of you know I went back home to Arizona in November and for the first time in forever my niece and nephew were exposed to their aunt the photographer. My eldest sister is a fantastic nature photographer, but when it comes to people.. she kind of sucks. Don't start thinking that I don't suck at things too.. I can't shoot nature. Win/win? Maybe. 

Anyways, I was able to drag my sister, mom and the kids out to the desert on my last morning in AZ for a little family session. Now they were all "cold" to which I responded "you don't know what cold is!" and I got the roll of the eyes from Ms. Aidy -13- and my nephew Pat. I realized while doing this session that I have completely been blessed with some gorgeous family, and I'm a little bummed that I hadn't been around while they were growing up. These are the first and only professional images my family has had since I was 9 months old.


See what I mean by gorgeous?! 


Nane (mom) and her grand kids. I cannot believe how tall these kids are. They are almost at my 5'5.5" frame and I'm a good 12+ years older than them. 


I happen to believe my nephew is quite the stud muffin, despite his growls for having to smirk for me. 
Now here's a little side by side of my niece with her mom and my niece with me. She is definitely 12 years younger, but some how we wound up with very similar faces! I won't complain, she's my beauty bug and I am totally biased. It was awesome to shoot in Arizona for he first time since 2006 and I look forward to going back someday to do portraits for my niece when she's a senior *tears* and my nephew. 


No comments: