So I know I took a bit of a weird break, I had a lot of plans for my 26 adventures -which I'm slowly working on- and just got so very side tracked with time and the lack of there being more than 24 hours, or my inability to wake up before 9.. which will be changing soon because I GOT CONVERTED!
You're all like "what?"
Basically I've been working for an amazing company since November and the whole deal with this, and my other two jobs, was that I was really hanging by "if I get this permanently..." because it was seasonal. Now I've left my other two positions because I was given a full time position! I am so incredibly blessed to have been offered this position, but I will say that I worked my butt off. I gave it my all. So starting next week I am a permanent "blue badge" and that's a big deal.
Other things that kind of went along with this?
Getting out of debt, moving out and getting a new computer.. I can happily say that I will be on my way to being debt free by the end of 2014 -aside from my car- and I will be working my butt off to get transfered to Seattle if possible -or GA, or KY.. anywhere warm-
I'm looking for an apartment for myself, something small enough to keep me, but big enough to get a puppy.. I'll still live in ND.. but I don't know how often I'd see my beast, you know.. the guy currently sitting on my leg, and before anyone says I can take him with, Bru is A's dog. Legally.
BUT its okay because we all love him, even if I say I love him more... I know A loves him a great deal, and those two are the best of buddies.. so how could I knowingly split that up?! I'm looking for a mini ausie because they are a good size and just as smart as my Mal.. but I wont lie.. my heart hurts whenever I think about leaving him behind.
Other than that? Well I've been seeing a very nice young man, I've made friends and that's really about it! Thank you guys for being around and giving me such beautiful advice and encouragement. I love ya!
So I mentioned earlier about wanting to complete 26 adventures by the time I turn 26 -or more likely by 2015- but then as I sat and thought about the word "adventure" I thought about in a way that really is more like a random bucket list of things to do than adventures... But really, adventures to me, might not be an adventure to you. For me to sit here and think that with a full time job, bills and loads of responsibilities that I can just up and go on a crap ton of literal adventures is bull hunky! But trying to live life in a more purposeful way... and here is how I'd like to do that.
1. Get out of bad debt. Seriously, you guys have no idea how many things can stack up.. no, wait... yes you can, you can all imagine this!
2. Read the Bible. I've never done that, that's a really big book.. single spaced!
3. Move away from A, this also means leaving Bru... guess whose heart is breaking, but I need to.
4. Go on a mission trip. Of all the things I could think of, this one has been on my heart the longest.. since high school, when mentioned to my parents they kinda just.. laughed.
5. Go back to AZ. I haven't been home since 2009, and I'm scared to.
6. Get my passport. I'm 25, I've never been to another country -Mexico doesn't count- and I need to fix that.
7. Unplug for one day out of the week every week of 2014.. excuse me while I attempt this, I'm bad at it.
8. Figure out my dang life.
9. Start everyday with a thankful heart. That's a challenge and I'm known for my sometimes -a lot of times- negative outlook.
10. Attempt to sincerely make friends, but also attempt to really talk to those who are my friends.. I like to ignore people.
11. Stop being selfish.
12. Stop buying so much freaking coffee.
13. Go to Canada. Manitoba-ins haven't left me with the best taste in my mouth, but I'll try.
14. Buy a new computer... preferably a Mac.
So I have 14 things.. 14 adventures to me. Things that I honestly.. never really thought/think I can do, but I'd like to try and it'd be nice to figure out the rest of this out, but honestly this month I'll focus on reading the Bible and move from there. If you guys want to help, or think of things that would be worth while.. let me know. Honestly, I think a collaborative session is always a good time -brainstorm with those cool graph things from when we were kids! For now I'm out. I need to get away from the sound of wind and looking at all that snow!
You did nothing for me, you moved nothing in me and you were nothing extraordinary.
I brought you in two stepping with another guy, not my (ex) boyfriend. I craved Christ more than ever, because He needed me to cling to him? I moved somewhere terrifying and gave up everything I've known for years.. for what? To be told I'm not enough.
Oregon won, that's the only good thing... but...
You had no promises for me, you never inspired me to do more.. but your end has.
I want to do what scares me.
I want Christ more.
I want to move more and not just physically.
I will step into this year with an extra open heart.
I will be doing 26 things that are new, 26 adventures.
I will be preparing my heart for someone who truly deserves me.
I will write more, journal and live.
I will love.
I will make decisions about my future and make peace with my past.
I will walk further in my forgiveness of others and myself.
I will eat healthier, but I will still eat bacon.
I will take more pictures.. of myself and my life.. I will try.
2014 ... YOU WILL BE MY YEAR!!!!
I am looking forward to this and I hope you will all join me on this adventure.
Also, a special shout out to those who have gone above and beyond in my life. YOU are the biggest reason I have been successful and will continue to be. Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!