Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Tetrault Woods | Walhalla, ND

A few weeks ago Diane, Eric's mom, invited us along on a nature hike in the Tetrault Woods  which I was extremely excited for because it's been about 2 years since I went on an actual hike!

First off, we had a really awesome hike/nature guide Helen -in the picture above- who knew so much about the area, more than both Diane and Eric combined, that she made it fun and interesting. Plus the fact is that she's out here doing this because she likes to and is retired made it that much more fun! 

I have a few nature images below, these have been scaled down and if you'd like a full size print, let me know!




Wild ginger root, I'm glad that I now know how to identify and can make myself ginger tea! 


I had a great time learning, exploring and being shown a prettier part of North Dakota than I'd ever thought possible. Seriously, I'll be writing about that later. If you ever get the chance to come to ND, do it! There are some pretty amazing things that the Northern Plains offer and you'll be bummed to not see it all. 

No comments: