Monday, February 29, 2016

chchchanges

So I let it slip earlier in February that I'd been working for Starbucks, which I dubbed "interesting" and left it at that. For me, working at Starbucks was more of an experiment in the coffee world and a way to make ends meet. A lot of people are all about it, but the further I got into that particular store the more I realized that I did not want to work for a bunch of 30-40 year olds who still think they just turned 21 and can act like children whenever they please. 

Like I said, this particular store was not my favorite.. Starbucks coffee used to be my go-to, until I had real coffee and discovered that coffee beans shouldn't taste burnt 100% of the time, plus I would rather support local businesses in the Midwest like Dun Bros, Caribou, Urban Stampede and The Coffee Co. these are all local and built in MN or ND and it's better to put your money back into the community you love.

Now I am still nannying, but for two families which will be new to me. I used to only want to work for one family at a time, but with that whole grownup rent thing I really need the additional income and kids are the bees knees to work with! Now my new job for family #2 - I'll think of a cool name later - starts tomorrow and while it might only be temporary, I hope to bring as much love, guidance and awesomeness to this family as have the S family! Plus, I get to wear leggings and leggings are 100% my go-to pants. I just want the rest of the world to agree with this and allow EVERYONE to wear leggings to work. You can dress it up, dress it down, whatever you want.. just cover your bum and it'll be good ;) 

So prayers with my new job  would be appreciated. 

-Acacia 

No comments: