Friday, May 3, 2013

and our new base is.....

Grand Forks AFB in North Dakota! 
Was this our first choice? No, was it even on the list? NOPE! But it is where we are being placed and it is where we will call home for three years come August.  

What do I know about this place? 
It floods and its cold.
2/3 of the time its snowing in the winter.
It gets in the negatives. 
Its close to Canada. 
I know this isn't a place that we were hoping for, I know that we are moving to a place close to Minneapolis and that we're putting in to possibly swap to a different base. 


I wont lie when I say I'm nervous, scared and possibly going to freeze my butt off. I'm excited too.. we're going to be away from family, and we'll be going on many adventures. I'll be possibly starting school there, maybe buying a house? I don't know! But whatever it is, we will figure it out. 
But until we know for sure (orders are printed) we will assume this is our new home. 
-Acacia 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thrive where you're planted :-) I'm sure this new home will bring lots of great memories!