Thursday, January 15, 2015

Langdon and Pembina Gorge

So the weekend after Eric and I started dating he took me to the Pembina Gorge because he knew I've been missing landscape change. It can get kind of depressing living here when I spent my life in such amazing landscapes like Arizona, Oregon and Washington. 

So we went out toward Langdon -cause I also needed to see the farm- and it was a wonderful drive of him listening to my iPod and lots of long talks. The fun part was when we pulled up to the Pembina Gorge and stepped out of the truck, Eric walked around the truck and saw my face and said "that face right there is worth all the gas it took to drive here" probably had something to do with me tearing up a little bit. 

"the human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man" 

But walking out of the truck to a view like this was just absolutely fantastic. Yes it was foggy, but goodness I was so happy that he took his day to show me something that I absolutely needed. 
So of course I had to take a selfie and Eric got to get in on a selfie for the occasion too. 

We went to another area to check out a different view and I made Eric promise to bring me to this spot every season. I need it and I am just so happy to have someone who cares so much to share such places with me. 





After our trip out to Pembina, Eric took me to his families place out in Langdon and conned me into climbing up a bin to get a better view. A little known fact; I'm scared of heights. I am actually terrified of them and you can ask my dad, the guy who spent almost 2 hours in line with me to ride Goliath, just to have me chicken out at the last second. #scardeypants but I climbed up that bin and took a picture of a gorgeous sunset over the farm. I fell in love with this land while I was there and I can't wait to go back and visit this summer. Granted during that time Eric will be out farming, but I look forward to tractor rides and watching the sunset with my handsome. 


I hope you enjoyed my post about Langdon and Pembina. If you get the chance to run out that way, I would suggest it.. but don't, it's mine. 


No comments: