Friday, October 12, 2012

who I want to be

I want to be that woman, yes woman, who you look at and say "look at her go, Ms. got everything together" but lets face it.. it'll never happen. I'm okay with this. 
I want to be an amazing photographer.
I want to ROCK my new job so hard that I get promoted in three months! 
I want to be more Godly, I want to live through Him and His word.. and I fail all the time. 
I want to be more positive. 


I want to be a professional
mother
lover
wife
girlfriend
friend
best friend
sister
daughter
I want to be all of these things, because all of these things mean something to me.
I want to be the kind of person that my parents would be proud of, God would shine down on and my (someday) children can look back and say "that's my mom, she's rad" cause my kids will say rad.

In the end... I'll be myself, I'll become this woman and in the end I'll have so many other women to thank for becoming the person I have/will become. 
This is random, but I found out that Jen Burgess -photographer- passed away from her fight with ovarian cancer this morning, this wonderful and compassionate mother, wife, daughter and follower of Christ... I read her blog once -beginning to end- and was just put in awe at the kind of woman she is was.. all I can think is that I will someday be woman like herself. With her strength and the beauty she saw the world, even in the wake her diagnosis. 

I want to be like her.. and I can say this about many, many women in my life. Thank you. 

No comments: